Activator windows server 2012 r2 standard

Activator windows server 2012 r2 standard - Free Download

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy , Privacy Policy , and our Terms of Service. I have installed the software from the ISO file I downloaded from the volume licensing site. I have learned that this file installs a KMS client version of the software by default. I always get the same result which is an error message 0xce - on a computer running ms windows non-core edition, run slui.

Basically, its telling me that it doesn't like the license code. There is some documentation on this on google but they did not work.

Just received the same error message. Can anyone offer some assistance for this issue? Calls to MS support have so far provided no help.

The reason you can't activate it is because you are not connected to the internet. I learn it the hard way. When you put the license key, it try active the license right way. Because you dont have internet, it cant verify it. You can't activate windows by phone because you have not put in the correct product key number. Here are the steps and I was able to activate over the phone. I have not see any one post these steps yet. I spent 4 days with Microsoft trying to get some helps.

With other user's input and I was able to put together the complete steps. In the elevated command prompt, type in the command below and press enter. So all is good again. Thank you for your input. I created an account just to answer this question. I just ran into this issue, and when I figured out the fix, I realized that I had run into this before. For some reason Server R2 doesn't seem to sync up with an outside source at all, so until you set it manually, you're going to be off and activation and checking for updates won't work.

For my install today the system thought it was November - 11 months ago! Make sure you aren't accidentally using the KMS key - that needs to be installed on a KMS server and won't work directly.

Also make sure you installed the correct version of Server R2 - some ISOs give you the option to install Standard or Datacenter, but the license key from one will not work on the other. If that still fails, the easiest thing to do would be to install the GUI and activate it through the GUI, since you'll be able to see the full error messages easily.

One of the nice things about Server is you can add and remove the GUI at any time. If it still fails, you'll have to call Microsoft support for them to verify the license key is correct or issue you a new one. Contacting wherever you bought the volume license may be easier than calling Microsoft directly - they may know who best to call to handle licensing issues. Even though the server looked like it had internet, because it could reach the DNS servers.

Internet traffic was being blocked by the firewall the client had in place. Once the policy allowed the IP out, activation completed successfully. Thank you for your interest in this question.

Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site the association bonus does not count. Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead? Home Questions Tags Users Unanswered. Deca 1 1 Basically, its telling me that it doesn't like the license code Why don't you post the actual message? Just for reference the actual message in this situation is: Please check it and try again.

Here is for anyone who try activate over phone on machine that has no internect connection. Here is the trick I finally figured out. Jamison Ye 1 2. At least helped me. As others have said, the installation media is always the same, and it's not tied to any specific licensing mode; you can use either KMS or MAK, regardless of where you downloaded the ISO from; you can also convert your system to a KMS client anytime, by entering the default key for a KMS client.

The ISO you downloaded could have changed for a number of reasons; the most likely one is, the VL portal periodically refreshes the available OS images to include the most recent product updates. Thanks for the reply, I have the GUI installed already and I'm not able to activate it from there either. I made certain that we installed the standard version and also I'm using the MAK key.

I've entered it in many times and I'm certain that I'm keying it in correctly I've also copied and pasted it, but no joy.

MS has verified that my MAK key is correct but that's as far as they got. Are you absolutely sure your key is for R2, and not "simple" ? This can happen if you have no internet through the client firewall. Server Fault works best with JavaScript enabled.

activator windows server 2012 r2 standard

Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 KMS-activation

Make sure you aren't accidentally using the KMS key - that needs to be installed on a KMS server and won't work directly. This site uses cookies for analytics, personalized content and ads. Max August 27, - Can anyone offer some assistance for this issue? Deca 1 1

I've also copied and pasted it, but no joy. Internet traffic was being blocked by the firewall the client had in place. This site uses cookies for analytics, personalized content and ads. Windows Server General. Calls to MS support have so far provided no help. If the server is running an evaluation version of Windows Server Standard or Windows Server Datacenter, you can convert it to a retail version as follows: Converting evaluation versions of Windows Server to full retail versions.

activator windows server 2012 r2 standard

Resources for IT Professionals. Windows Server General https: The server will restart twice. If the server is running an evaluation version of Windows Server Standard or Windows Server Datacenter, you can convert it to a retail version as follows: To do this, do either of the following:. Thank you for your interest in this question. I have not see any one post these steps yet. Also make sure you installed the correct version of Server R2 - some ISOs give you the option to install Standard or Datacenter, but the license key from one will not work on the other. You can convert to the full retail version by entering a retail, volume license, or OEM key in the command slmgr. Saturday, January 21, 1: Leave a Comment Cancel Reply Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. With other user's input and I was able to put together the complete steps. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Windows Server General https: For Windows Server Essentials:

Summary
Review Date
Reviewed Item
Activator windows server 2012 r2 standard
Author Rating
51star1star1star1star1star

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *